- Information we collect and how we use it
- Company collects several types of information, including: Your Personal Information - Personal Information is the information that relates to a person which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person. Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and your usage details.
- We collect this information: directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or automatically as you navigate through our Services, Loyaltea Programmes and other offers by the Company (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies).
- Information provided by you
- Account creation, registration and purchase information – when you create an account, in order to register and create an account, complete the purchase of products and services and register or purchase our products or services, etc. you may be required to provide your name, phone number, email and mailing address, payment method and other details as may be required.
- Contact information When requested to be contacted by Company’s relevant personnel, you may be asked to provide information about yourselves. This information enables Company’s relevant personnel to respond promptly and effectively to customer questions and requests.
- Location information – When you use certain feature or application from Company’s website/ app, we will need to collect information about your location. We may obtain your physical location in order to provide you with accurate information and services.
- Use of Information
The information collected from You is used for the following purposes only:
- To log in to Your Account with www.chaayos.com/ www.gheeturmeric.com/ mobile app’s.
- to facilitate Your use of the Website/ App;
- to respond to Your inquiries or fulfil Your requests for information about the various services;
- to provide You with information about Our products/services and to send You information, materials, and offers from Us;
- to send You important information regarding the Website, app, changes to Our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to send You surveys and marketing communications that We believes may be of interest to You;
- to personalize Your experience on the Website, app and Our other websites by presenting advertising, products and offers tailored to You;
- to help You address Your problems with the Website including addressing any technical problems;
- if You purchase any content or avail of any service from the Website, to complete and fulfil Your purchase, for example, to have Your payments processed, communicate with You regarding Your purchase and provide You with related customer service;
- for proper administration of the Website;
- to conduct internal reviews and data analysis, direct or indirectly, for the Website, app (e.g., to determine the number of visitors to specific pages within the Website,app); and
- to provide it for scrutiny to any statutory, regulatory or any other governmental authority or any other agency as advised or directed by government or any judicial body.
- To provide better customer experience and services.
- Disclosure of user information
- Save as otherwise provided in this document or any other document, We do not disclose your Information to any third parties other than our affiliates, business partners, and registered merchants with Us and to any other third party when you have expressly authorized us to share your information.
- However We may disclose the Personal Information or any other information collected from You to any statutory, lawful enforcement body, regulatory body or court if we are under a duty to do so or required by law to disclose or share your personal data or any other information collected from You.
- Notwithstanding anything contained herein the term and conditions for the disclosure of the facial images data and OTP (telephone) data received from you at the time of creation of the Loyaltea programme account or relogging in the Account will be kept secured in accordance with the Chaayos Loyaltea Programme Terms and conditions as mentioned on www.chaayos.com and/ or www.gheeturmeric.com.
- Disclosure of information as stated under website terms and condition and / or any other document.
- Protection of user information
- Company strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of Your Personal Information and to protect Your Personal Information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. Company adopts adequate measures to prevent unauthorized access to your Personal Information.
- Company reserves the right to conduct a security review at any time to verify your identity. You agree to provide to the Company all the information that we request for the security review. If you fail to comply with any security request, the Company reserves the right terminate your account with us and prohibit your access to the Website.
- Company and its personnel are not liable and cannot be held liable for any breach of security by or for any actions of any third parties that receive Your Personal Information.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, Company and its personnel shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of Your Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event (as defined below).
- Further please note that Company does not ask you to share your password, credit card, debit card or online banking details with it. Please don’t respond to any such emails. Company shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage caused by responding to such emails and sharing information with third parties.
- A Force Majeure Event shall mean any event that is beyond Our reasonable control and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
- EU Resident rights
- EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has provided the below rights to the EU residents:
- Right to information - including contact details to the DPO, the purposes for processing Personal Information and the rights of the individual.
- Right to access the Personal Information that are processed
- Right to erase the information.
- Right to rectification of the information.
- Right to restriction of processing the specific data in certain cases.
- Right to data portability of the Personal Information supplied to Chaayos by the EU resident.
- Right to object (opt-out) to processing.
- EU residents can exercise these rights by raising a request directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or contact us at the information provided in paragraph 13 below.
- Company’s information of minors' protection
Company will only use or disclose information of minors under the following circumstances:
- The disclosure of information is allowed by law;
- Use or disclose information of minors in order to protect the minors.
- Company will not knowingly collect personal information from minors, except as set out above. Company will immediately take steps to delete such information if it discovers that the information is by minors only and the parents or legal representatives of the minors had not consented for and on behalf of the minors.
- The definition of "minors" shall be in accordance with the relevant local regulations and laws.
- Information storage and transmission/transfer
Notwithstanding anything contained herein, the information storage and transfer policy with regards the facial images collected using facial recognition feature by the Company under the signup or login of the Loyaltea Programme Account shall be maintained and stored in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of chaayos Loyaltea programme mentioned on www.chaayos.com.
- About Cookies
- Cookie is a type of specific identifier to enable your device to be identified by our system. We will store cookies on your device to record your preferences and provide personalized services. It will also record your login credentials, so you don't have to enter this information each time you sign in. Our current browser configuration has settings to accept and limit the level of cookies. You may configure at your own preference when you use web browser to access the services. You may learn more details about cookies from your browser's "Help" menu.
- You may at any time disable cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you can choose to accept all cookies, or to reject all cookies. You can still use Company’s IT data network even if you do not accept cookies.
- We may use cookie-like technology, such as web beacons (or "pixel tags"), to send information from your device to server.
- Web beacons are generally embedded in e-mail and online video. With beacon, we can read some specific information from your device, such as whether the e-mail was opened, device IP and so on. We will analyze the data collected through web beacons, in order to optimize the products and provide services that we believe suit you better. By accessing and using our services, you are deemed to agree that cookies and web beacons will be stored on your device.
- Your consent and choice
- You may at any time withdraw your consent to the collection, storage, use, disclosure, and transfer, of the information by us. When you wish to withdraw your consent, you can go settings and disable the functions by turning off the related button or you can notify your intention in writing to us by sending an e-mail to the contact address notified under paragraph 13 below. Your act of withdrawing shall be deemed a notification to us that you are withdrawing your consent to the collection, storage, use, disclosure, and transfer, of the information.
- You may at any time review/ correct/ supplement/ add to, the personal information or information provided by you, by sending an e-mail to this effect to the contact address notified under paragraph 14. We shall at no time be responsible/liable for the authenticity/ veracity of the personal information or information provided by you.
- Notwithstanding anything contained herein, the express Consent and choice are specifically provided to you with regards consenting to opting in for the facial recognition feature by clicking on the “Start” button on the screen and chaayos provides You an unfettered option to either choose Non facial recognition feature like OTP feature on mobile phones or in the event not agreeable, you can choose to Opt out of the Loyaltea Programme account as per the Terms and conditions mentioned therein. For relevant terms kindly refer to Chaayos Loyaltea Programme terms and conditions on www.chaayos.com
- Governing law and dispute resolution.
- Contact us
- Requests for review/ modification/ deletion of any personal information provided by you;
- Complaints/ grievances regarding posts/ information shared by other users.
Last Updated on 22nd June 2021